Monday, January 21, 2008

View from my front door.

I'm posting this for Fun Monday Anniversary. I realize I'm late posting but I'm not altogether sure how all this works. I will make my post then respond to the comments on Catch The Light.

This is a photo from my front door. I live in a very small community north of Caldwell, Texas another small town...just over 4,000 in population. My home is out in the wilds and we love it because my husband and I were both raised in the large over-crowded city of Houston. We live 1/2 mile off the county road back in the woods. It's not much but we call it home...23 acres of pure Mother Earth.


We have some cattle...the bane of my existence...they get in my yard and eat every plant I have. I have a horde of orange kittens, some yard dogs and a Bulldog, Dozer who thinks he is my boss. I get plenty of inspiration for writing my poetry from this wonderful place.





This is Powder, a sweet cream colored tabby.







This is Dozer, my boss...he thinks! ha ha





I have many more pictures I'd love to share with everyone but I'm on dial up better known as, slow as molasses and it takes quite a while to download my pix. Since we live so far from civilization DSL is virtually unheard of and Dish is, "just a little bit better than dial up." I'll wait until we can get DSL...thank you very much.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Dozer's face - too cute. He looks like a very demanding boss. heh heh.

Welcome to Fun Monday!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your home seems simply wonderful. Well, except for being on the dial up part...

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great view! Looks like a park and a perfect day to walk around in!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Karmyn, I won't tell Dozer you said that, his head is already big enough. LOL

Susan, I totally agree!

Electicblog, it is like a park and I go on nature walks as much as possible. It was raining and overcast when I took this today but it was in the 50's.

Thank you all for visiting.

S

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Pretty kitty cat. I love the trees in your backyard.

With a face like that, I'd probably let Dozer boss me. He's a cutie.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dozer looks like a "boss", but a sympathetic one at that.

Your 23 acres sounds divine! Peaceful, serene, and probably tons of inspiration.

Glad you've joined Fun Monday; it's a weekly delight all around the globe!

7:36 AM  
Blogger ChrisB said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. 23 acres is some back yard!! Your life sound idyllic and your pets are cute.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

looks like a nice back yard

8:55 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Kaycie, my backyard does look somewhat like my front yard. lol Dozer is a sweet boss.

Robin, Dozer is a sweetie...to me and he is very cute.

ChrisB, we wish we had even more land but 23 acres is good enough for now. We love our pets...now that the kids are grown we have pets.

Mandy, my backyard does look much like my front yard. :)

I'm very happy to be a part of Fun Monday! Thank you all for visiting.

S

11:29 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I live in the boonies with a rescued calico and a bossy Maltese.
I enjoyed meeting you!

Cuties!

12:46 PM  
Blogger ducmonster said...

a question sandy
you say .. you have many kittens on your property ..
why ???
keeping the earth beautiful is also
about having all your animals fixed
no babies ..
no kittens no puppies
the world has enough ..
hmmmmmmmmmm

6:54 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Brenda, you are right...we should get the momma cats fixed but we love the little kittens and we usually end up finding them good homes....those we don't stay around and become members of the family. I just gave away one of the kittens last week...she is named Trinity and she is so very well loved. She is with a family close by so I get to see her.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home